Her inspiration piece is a fabric to cover her chairs in a beautiful blue with golden tan diamond shapes…a very French Country look! I love it…please go to visit “Common Ground” to see Heather dining room and her inspiration fabric!
Heather…here are my ideas…
- I would surely go with a French Country chandelier. I found some great one’s on this page. I especially like the William Sonoma light, but it is a bit pricey. The next two on that page are also very nice as well. I think I might add a few crystals to the light to reflect in the mirror.
- Yes…the mirror…paint it white with distressed edges and flip it the other way… definitely get rid of the glass side bar table!
- Also paint the dining room chairs, table, and formal hutch white with distressed edges as well.
- I think the wall paint color should be a few shades light than the blue in your inspiration fabric leaving about an 18 inch border at the top in a white. Inside the white border you should paint a whimsical scroll design with a slightly watered down blue that you used on the lower half of the wall. You could even add words in the border ares with vinyl lettering!
- I think these curtains would be the bomb in this dining room! Please zoom in on the picture to get a better look at the pattern which I think goes well with your fabric pattern. I would not use the valance shown, but instead would pull the panels back with burlap ribbon which can be found at A.C. Moore. You can embellish the burlap with sea shells, beads, or silver vintage charms to add some charm.
- A big bird-cage would look stunning on top of your formal hutch!
Hope I was helpful Heather!
Happy graceful living!!!